Gå till innehåll
tisdag 16 april 2024
matejjordan

Monark 670 - informations

Rekommendera Poster

Hi guys,

sorry for writing this in English language. I have studyed Swedish language for only 1 year, so it is not so good - yet!

My name is Matej, i come from Slovenia and i drive Swedish car. ;) Also often go to Sweden for bussiness.

I own a small boat (5m) and have it at Croatia coast. I was thinking about buying bigger motorboat, and i saw Monark 670.

On blocket.se there are many offers for this boat, but there are not a lot informations online.

Design of Monark is perfect for me, i love it. But, I have a few questions, if you can help me:

- how does it handle sea (bad conditions)? anyone here using it in sea, or are majority in the lakes?

- engines: I can see that Volvo is the most common used engine, mostly gasoline. Anyone made diesel transformation?

- any specifics: for example: which years of production are the best to buy?

- does it have any faults which I should be careful about?

Thank you for your help!

Matej Jordan

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg
Dela på andra webbplatser

Hej!
I had a Monark 670 for 25 years ago.
A nice little saloon-boat, unfortunately, it's a gasoline engine in the beginning. At the time they were manufactured there was no suitable small diesel engine to install in that boat, maybe it's different now ..?
There were navy-converted car engines, the Volvo B20 called the AQ130 or the like that was common then. Good engine for its time. ... Usually they also had aquamatic 280.
Two adults, preferably below average, sleep well in the boat with one or two young children.
The seas are not bad, but what can you expect from a semi-planing boat of that size? Trim tabs must be used actively.
In low lakes, when maneuvering in the harbor, the boat is heavily sidewash sensitive.
The boat has no proper toilet on board, but well a chemical toilet, a "port-a-potti" which has something to be desired.

On www.blocket.se, these boats sometimes are available for sale, and I have seen them with different engine alternatives, aftermarket exchanges, can not remember anyone with diesel engines, but one with a small block V8 ...

Hope you understand my bad English.

• Gilla 1

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg

The Monark 670 also had a change in the underwater hull late in the production 1978 or 1979 I think. I had one built 1979 and it had a Volvo B21/AQ 140 from the factory, top speed 24 knots and cruising speed approx 16-18 knots or below 7 knots. I think it felt safe also in rough sea. I agree with George_Ohm in his answer to you above.

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg
1 timme sedan skrev SE2517:

The Monark 670 also had a change in the underwater hull late in the production 1978 or 1979 I think. I had one built 1979 and it had a Volvo B21/AQ 140 from the factory, top speed 24 knots and cruising speed approx 16-18 knots or below 7 knots. I think it felt safe also in rough sea. I agree with George_Ohm in his answer to you above.

This boat are very sensitiv får side vind in low speed.

I have erlier boat, maybee manufactored before -78. Top speed was about 18-19 knots. march speed about 10-11 knots.

I was forced to change the engine, then I got water ingress into the cylinders, became a brand new B21, which increased the top speed a few knots, but the boat was not confortabel or non economic in that speed.

When my two children quickly grow up, the boat was too small and changed around 1993 against a Nimbus 2700.

Redigerad av Georg_Ohm

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg

Thank you for all your help

https://www.blocket.se/ostergotland/Monark_670__82_81045958.htm?ca=5&w=3

https://www.blocket.se/stockholm/Monark_670_salong_80244286.htm?ca=5&w=3

Both of them look OK for me. One is a project.

Now I am in search for transportation from Sweden, then I will go and buy boat. :)

As I said, I will use it for cruising between islands in Šibenik (Croatia coast). :)

Matej 

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg

Skapa ett konto eller logga in för att kommentera

Du måste vara medlem för att kunna kommentera

Skapa ett konto

Skapa ett konto på maringuiden.se. Det är lätt!

Registrera ett nytt konto

Logga in

Medlem på maringuiden.se? Logga in här.

Logga in nu

• Skapa nytt...