Gå till innehåll
lördag 20 april 2024
sme1972

Painting advice on deck

Rekommendera Poster

Hey,

Anyone answering this can do it in Swedish or English, but I write better in English

Anyhow, i just bought a 28 ft snipa with a great motor but cosmetically she needs a lot of work.

I will be painting all the old sections that used to have grey paint.
You can see in my attached pictures what it looks like everywhere right now
I am not very pedantic. I want it to look nice and last a few years, but I am not a perfectionist.

My wish is to be able to do this over maximum 3 warm days, but that is just my wish right now.

My idea for prep work is:

• I will give it a good wash/scrub with soap and water, go over briefly with acetone on all the areas and then tape up the lines and then I was just going to paint. It will be grey again most likely.

I have many questions.

• Is my prep work good enough that I mentioned?
  • It seems like everywhere except the section with skylight have slip protection already in the construction in fiberglass. If I want nonslip or at least decent grip on wet deck, do I need paint with slip protection paint also?
  • Do I need to use grundfärg?
  • Can I only use grundfärg since some grundfärg is already grey? I don't want a shiny finish.
  • Do I need to remove the tape after every application of paint  and then put down new tape each time. 
  • Do I use 1 komponent, 2 komponent, osv...
  • Do I apply paint with roller or brush (or both), etc...

I am on a budget, so not looking for most expensive paint but not crap either. Any tips on which paint to use would be appreciated,

I am looking for someone who just says do this, this and this in a certain order, and I will listen to you :)

I am open for any advice.

IMG_0976.png.5fe1dab3e9f62d549d0827a98c661700.png

IMG_0978.png.ffe9be8d8e48fd80a68f88401f38784a.png

IMG_0977.png.a4380c09a7b583621896baa1c2c3b2fc.png

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg
Dela på andra webbplatser

The grey paint is most likely Interdeck by the brand International (Interlux) which is a slip resistant paint.

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg
Dela på andra webbplatser

Skapa ett konto eller logga in för att kommentera

Du måste vara medlem för att kunna kommentera

Skapa ett konto

Skapa ett konto på maringuiden.se. Det är lätt!

Registrera ett nytt konto

Logga in

Medlem på maringuiden.se? Logga in här.

Logga in nu

• Skapa nytt...